Aaron started his performing career as an aerialist for the all-female stiltwalking company Empress Stiltdance. Shortly after he was picked up by travelling New Zealand circus, Circus Aotearoa, as their Chinese Pole performer and sound man. Aaron travelled to and from stands at the big top and Empress Stiltdance performances for six months.
After touring NZ he took part in a month long artist-in-residency in Cairns, Australia; progressing and polishing the Empress show, Kahuku. With Empress he has also performed tissu for Chinese New Year in Hong Kong and stilt adagio/aerials for Australia Day in Sydney.
He has trained handstands, straps, tumbling and flexibility at the Beijing International Art School (Zhongguo Zaiji Tuan). Soon after his return to New Zealand he won Best Aerialist and People's Choice Award at the Golden Carnies, Wellington. He's also performed in:
- Magenta Diamond’s Cabinet of Curiosities for the Wellington Festival of Circus.
- Same Same But Different with The Dust Palace, Auckland.
- Knock Knock with The Dust Palace, Auckland.
- Jungle Fantasy by Cirque Dreams on Norwegian Cruise Lines.
- Private functions and corporate performances.
Contact him for information about specific acts and rigging/space requirements.